Introduction to Engineering Thermodynamics
Publisher : Global Academic Publishers & Distributors
About the Book
The main purpose of writing this book is to provide a mixed approach to the basic principles of thermodynamics which is taught to the undergraduate and graduate students of almost all branches of engineering. This book is designed specifically to cater the needs of first/ second year student of engineering in 11 chapters covers the fundamentals of mechanical engineering in the area of thermodynamics.
Silent features of this book—
- This book covers the syllabus of all the universities and engineering colleges.
- A larger number of problems have been taken from most of the leading universities.
- At the end of each chapter a number of numerical questions with answer.
- Precise and logical presentation of the basic concept and principles.
- Text written in simple, liquid and easily understandable language.
- Useful for GATE, AMIE, Engineering service examination.
- Consistent use of S.I. units and notation throughout the text.
- Attempts to present the subject in an interactive manner.
This text is admirably suited to meet the needs of the common course in mechanical engineering prescribed in the curricula of almost all branches of engineering. Through the text, attempt has been made to present subject matter in a very simple, lucid and precise manner keeping in view the student's difficulty in solving numerical problems.
About the Authors
R.P. Sharma is an Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering at Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi (Jharkhand). He pursued his undergraduate studies in mechanical engineering from B I T Sindri, Dhanbad (Jharkhand) and obtained Master of Engineering (Heat Power) & M.Tech (Computer science) from Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi (Jharkhand). Mr Sharma earned his Ph.D (Engineering) from Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi (Jharkhand) in 2004. The author has twenty eight years teaching experience and consultant to many originations also.
Chikesh Ranjan is an Assistant Professor at RTC Institute of Technology, Anandi, Ormanjhi, Ranchi (Jharkhand). He graduated in Mechanical engineering from MIT, Aurangabad (Maharashtra) and obtained his master degree in Design of mechanical equipment from Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi (Jharkhand). He is on his credit three books “Basics in CATIA with Simulation”, “Principles of Mechanical Engineering”, “Introduction to engineering thermodynamics in SI unit” published by Global vision publication house New Delhi & a number of technical paper in international journals of repute.
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: